Facebook and Twitter may dominate the consumer space when it comes to social sharing, with Google + rapidly catching up, and 58% of companies are now engaged in Facebook, Twitter, and sharing multimedia on platforms such as YouTube via corporate pages but LinkedIn has stood the test of time as the network of choice for individuals within a B2B environment. The network is proof, if any were needed, that people wish to present a very different profile online when it comes to their professional use of the social web than that of their personal use. LinkedIn taps into that and enables a completely different type of sharing and a more varied social graph than through other Social Media channels.
However, many (if not most) companies and individuals are unsure of how to make the most of LinkedIn.
Here’s our top 5 tips on how to utilise LinkedIn to network, demonstrate thought leadership and, yes, sell products and services.
- Carry out and share the results of polls and surveys.
- Carry out market research.
- Highlight your own knowledge and expertise to attract enquiries by answering others’ questions.
- Share and promote blog posts and online articles, both your own and other people’s.
- Write and gain recommendations, both for yourself and for your company.
These are just a few examples of the power of LinkedIn as a lead generation tool.
If you need practical advice and consultancy on how to make social media work for you or even someone to manage your social media profile, Protean Marketing’s social media support services will prove invaluable.